Cyberpunk 2077

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zhar
Wizard

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Zhar » 15 Jan 2013 14:26

amberlee wrote:The Witcher 2 is oe of the best games i've played :)
Maybe only beaten by the Mass Effect series.
But... Mass Effect series were SO bad :(
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 15 Jan 2013 14:45

uh huh
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 16 Jan 2013 04:08

The second video was definitely cool, but not exceptional with today's standards, but it had very little story. I personally dont care much that for fancy effects, and I thought the first one actually gave hopes of an interesting world and a character with a story to share. I have kinda given up on video games having a good story, but to be honest I havent looked that far in recent years. I tried Skyrim that everyone thought was so great but I wasnt really impressed... cool world, nice mood and feel to it, but pretty boring story, uninteresting characters and a pretty poor fighting system I think.

In general I too, like someone mentioned above, think the video game industry is too much aimed at kids and teens. What about us? The first real video game generation that grew up? More games for us please, with depth, story, character, feelings... and real blood, sex and violence if you like that sort of thing.:)

Suggestions on good video games not aimed at teens and kids? Preferably for xbox.

What is the Witcher about? What makes it so good Amberlee?

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 16 Jan 2013 09:02

If you like dark fantasy RPG's with multiple plot-lines, different possible endings, lack of black-and-white morality (and choices with delayed consequences, in case of Witcher 2 even affecting entire nations and political map of the world), challenging combat etc. it's a game for you (and it's the only game where you can cut off someone's balls, feed them to him and then slit his throat, literally, one of the strongest "revenge" scenes ever).
Polish developer CD Projekt has crafted one of those landmark games that moves the goalposts for everybody, a truly grown-up take on swords and sorcery that breaks just about every fantasy tradition in the book. Once you experience a grimy medieval world so realistic that you can practically smell it, quests that reject simplistic good and evil for ambiguous "decisions and consequences," and, yes, newfangled battle mechanics that add welcome twists to left-click scrapping, you'll find it awfully hard to go back to the usual D&D rip-off.
Last edited by Zhar on 16 Jan 2013 09:17, edited 2 times in total.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 16 Jan 2013 09:11

So true Zhar.
However I must confess that I do enjoy the Dragon Age and Mass Effect series too when it comes to RPGs ;)
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 16 Jan 2013 13:51

Zhar: Ouch!

I tried Dragon Age too, I liked it more than Skyrim, but not enough to finish it apparently...

Aimee
Wanderer

Post by Aimee » 16 Jan 2013 18:20

I enjoy open world RPGs very much, to an extent.

Skyrim was not for me due to the fact that I don't have hours to spend playing a game and I like to be able to feel like I've accomplished something. Even just following the story line quests took a significant amount of time that I didn't have. It also did not draw me in as I had hoped. I am also a bit of a completionist. I like to get everything done in a game. Skyrim made that really really difficult and time consuming.

Witcher and Witcher 2 on the other hand were well worth the time and had a sense of accomplishment as you went along. It was open but still linear which is what I like. I like some sandbox games like FarCry 3 but I also like there to be a linear concept in there as well.

I loved Dragon Age 1 and 2 as well as all 3 mass effects. I loved the concept and story behind it. People complain at how ME3 ended, but I actually liked the ending and could kind of see it coming based on my reading of some of the novels/comics. It only made sense to me and so I wasn't shocked and disappointed in it at the end like many people were.

The best game that I am playing right now is Borderlands 2. I love it. Farcry 3 was excellent also, but I've finished that already. if you haven't checked out Borderlands 2 check it out.

As for this game, I am very much looking forward to it. CD Projekt Red is one of those companies that I must buy what they come out with. This will get added to the list of my most anticipated games along with Dragon Age 3. :)

Aimee
vita aeterna

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 16 Jan 2013 18:43

They'll announce The Witcher 3 in February ;)

And it will come way before CP 2077 too. Brace your wallet.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/